Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Field Day - 2010


Each year, Hams get together on air for what is called "Field Day." This is a chance for all of us to get together on air and work stations from around the continent. Clubs, such as the one here in Dubuque, operate totally on alternative power as if we were actually operating from a command post during an emergency. Field Day is always held the fourth full weekend in June and runs both Saturday and Sunday.


We had a good time and logged over 300 contacts, many of whom were also operating on battery power.

A special treat for me, was when I opened up my mail on Saturday and discovered a prized possession within - my hard copy license from the FCC. I took the unopened envelope to our operation site and allowed all that were there to share with me in seeing it for the first time.

No comments: