Tuesday, January 20, 2015

We're Back!

For all of you that heard certain rumors concerning me - they are true.  KDØMCV is back on the air!

After a dismal few years in my personal life - which still are not all back to bliss - I have taken the rig out of storage, dusted it off, thrown up a G5RV Jr. and flipped on the filament switch.

The magic smoke works and I have been able to get on the air for both the Skywarn Recognition Day as well as the North American QSO Party, in addition to a little bit of working the bands.  Boy, I sure missed this.

Here are my QSO's from the Skywarn Recognigion Day:

2014 SKYWARNTM Recognition Day
KD0MCV QSO's
Call Sign
Location
Band
WX5AMA Amarillo, TX 20m
WX4RNK Blacksburg, VA 20m
WX0DEN Boulder, CO 20m
WX2BUF Buffalo, NY 20m
WX7LKN Elko, NV 10m
W5W Fort Worth, TX 20m
WX0GLD Goodland, KS 20m
WX8GRR Grand Rapids, MI 40m
KC0NWS Kansas City, MO 20m
K5LCW Lake Charles, LA 20m
WX9ILX Lincoln, IL 40m
WX5LZK Little Rock, AR 20m
WX4MLB Melbourne, FL 20m
WX7MSO Missoula, MT 20m
K4OHX Nashville, TN 20m & 40m
NE0NP North Platte, NE 20m
WX6LOX Oxnard, CA 10m
WX4PTC Peachtree City, GA 20m
WX0PUB Pueblo, CO 20m
WX5TUL Tulsa, OK 20m


I was fortunate enough to work 72 stations in four countries (US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic)  on 3 bands (10m, 20m and 40m).  While I was able to work the first hour of the contest, I had to leave and missed the next four hours - thus was limited to only the 40m band for most of the contest.

I truly am glad to be back on the air, heating up the ethereal and I sincerely hope to catch many more QSO's on the bands.

73's de KDØMCV


No comments: