Sunday, January 1, 2012

CQ, CQ, CQ 2012

Well, we finally made it to the year 2012.  Sunspots are on the increase as are the band conditions.  This is set to be an awesome year and I am really looking forward to it.

As you may or may not know, I do not make New Year Resolutions, opting instead to set goals.  While you may think they are the same, I see them as somehow different.  These are just my ham radio goals (the rest are featured on my other blog). 

Reviewing the goals I set last year:
  • Obtain my Extra License - my biggest and most important goal;
  • Assemble my home shack - mobile is great, but being out of the elements is better;
  • Get involved in more contests; and
  • Earn my WAS (Worked All States).
Above all else, I plan on having a lot of fun with this hobby.  
I did all except for earning my WAS, so that goes to the top of the new list, but what else...

OK, I am back.  I have thought it out and here we go with the list for 2012.


  • Earn my WAS (Worked All States)
  • QSL 100% - I have some generic cards that I designed rather quickly on the computer and have been using.
  • Catch up on the backlog of QSL cards to send out.
  • Get caught up on LoTW.
  • More contesting.
  • Make my 500th and 1000th QSO.
  • Get digital running in my home shack.
  • Spend at least an hour each day on the air.
  • Elmer at least one person.
  • As the club secretary for our local club, I need to get the minutes from the meetings posted online within 24 hours.
In addition to my goals, I have something else that has entered into the ham radio picture.  I have been asked to take over as the Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES) Emergency Coordinator for Dubuque County, Iowa.  

I am looking forward to 2012 and hope that everyone else is.  This is going to be an exciting year.

So, time is wasting here.  I hope each and every one of you has all the best in 2012 and I hope to work you all on the bands.

73

No comments: